Sunday, April 22, 2012

Poblano Peppers: Where's the Beef?

I've been trying to tidy up my naturally messy life/desk/freezer.  It's kind of the opposite of nesting, I guess.  Between the new fridge, my foot operation, and the cow in the freezer, I am trying to use up stuff in the freezer and make yummy dinners so I have lots of leftovers for Ken to heat up for us.  My doc told me that I will hate him for about two weeks, so I don't want to be cooking and take-out isn't really an option when you have a full freezer!  (Top shelf, Ken, for the meals!)

Anyway, we had a lovely dinner last night with new friends, Carol and Denny.  I made chiles rellenos poblanos with a stuffing of couscous, cilantro, and cheese, based on a recipe for cheese grits stuffed peppers which was excellent.  Then, because I was intrigued with the idea of making my own chorizo, I tried a recipe for chorizo stew in the crockpot.  Not too shabby!  I mixed the leftovers of each together, which will be one more meal post-op.

No comments: